Walking Together Forever

Walking Together Forever

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Kevin's new calling

Well, Kevin has a new calling. He is now the High Priest Group Leader. He's feeling a little overwhelmed. I was talking to David Mosher (Bishopric) and he was telling me how it happened. He said that they had 3 names on their list, Kevin wasn't on that list. Karvel asked them that think about it and pray and write down the name that they want as the leader. All three came back after church with Kevin's name on it. Guess the Lord added Kevin's name to that list, lol.

Last week was the start of school. It was also the start of Rylan's speech therapy. We asked to get on the list at the hospital and they said it was a year waiting list. I can't believe they would make kids wait a year to get help! Anyway, we needed to get a doctor's referel, so we called Dr Krenning, our friend, and our ENT. She wrote the referal and faxed it over. She then called and said you get Rylan Pickens in NOW!!!! In less than a week we got a call. She was an answer to our prayers. Well, I took him in On Wednesday and she asked what my concerns were. I told her that I think Ry has Asphergers (Autism). So she started asking questions, she soon stopped and said, "He doesn't have autism, he has Sensory Integration Disorder". I had no clue what that was, but I guess he gets too much senses and doesn't know how to handle it. Very closely related to Autism. We are officially going to get tested in Columbia at the Autism Center, and if they feel he is Autistic, then they will send us over the the Autistc side. I can't tell you how relieved we are to finally have an answer. SI dysfuntion is so much easier to treat then Autism, so we pray that this is what he has.

Logan has started seminary, they have accomidated the band members, so the kids go just Wednesday mornings, then 2 hrs on Sunday evenings, so they will get their time in. Once Marching Band is over they will go to seminary 5 days a week.

Toriann has been watching the Olympics with me, and she has decided to try out for the Volley Ball Team. We watch beach volleyball, and she's in love. Don't know if she'll make it, but she's excited to find out. She's so athletic, I think she will do fine. The problem is next year, she now has to choose between volleyball and Cheerleading! Oh to have such choices in my life. LOL!

I finished my first baby quilt that is machine quilted. It is so darling. Only have a picture on my cell phone and I don't know how to put it in here. Oh well. Have a good week, Love to all!

1 comment:

Britt said...

have you gotten ryaln tested yet?? if so, what is the results??
Wow, kevin what a great calling for you!! and way to go tori on making the volleyball team!!!!
love ya all, britt