Walking Together Forever

Walking Together Forever

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Scout Camp

Ok, I went to scout camp this week, and it was AWESOME!!! I left Sunday at 1:30 because registration ended at 4:30. My troop went to camp Hahn, which is at the Lake of the Ozarks. We were introduced to our guides and had a 'pack shake down'. We were told to take a tent to camp, at shake down, we were told not to take them. My supplies I ended up with during the shake down were: 2 shorts, 3 shirts, 4 pairs of socks, a sleeping bag, my tent fly, a camelback an army shovel, and very little other things. We then got the meals we were going to carry, 1 package of poptarts for breakfast, and 1 MRE per meal. We then gathered and started the week. We hiked about a half mile in the dark up a hill and got to camp. I slept very poorly, lets leave it at that. We then woke up and ate a pack of poptarts. Here's the basics of the week:
Canoeing 3 miles
kayaking half a mile
blacksmithed a horseshoe into a bracelet
threw tomahak
shot my hat with a black powder gun
backpacked a total of 5 miles throughout the week
slept a different place each night, only one night with the rest of camp
went in a sweat lodge (VERY CLEAN FEELING!!!!)
went on a sailboat and slept on it
ate horrible tasting MRE's all week
climbed on a climbing tower and repelled 50 feet down
did a huge C.O.P.E course (I'll explain it when you come)


That's about it. . . . . . . WAIT!!! Friday night was the best ( and when I say 'best', I mean HORRIBLE!!!) night ever. We were all tired and ready to go back home and then went to bed at 11:30, we were then woken up by our scout master and were put in the canopy because there was a severe storm siren while we were sleeping. This was at 1:00. We then stayed under this for an hour and a half while the rain soaked all my possesions I brought because I set up the tent I brought, and my fly came off. 


All in all, it was a very, very productive week.


And now I'm sick. I really am.


The End

No comments: