Walking Together Forever

Walking Together Forever

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Figured I would write.




Hello Out There!! Ha ha. Well, I thought that since I haven't written in a while and plus the parents are gone, I would write. So here are some updates I guess on my life and what's been going on.

First off, in January, I got into district band and I got first chair out of, what?,  10 flutes. It was an amazing experience and I had so much fun. I could actually tell when other people and myself were out of tune, ESPECIALLY our piccolo who sat next to me.
I am taking private flute lessons and am doing fabulous on that. She said that her students and her will be doing a concert type thing where each of her flute students and well playing piano students (which Morgan began about a month ago but am not sure if she will do this) will each play a solo piece that we've worked on and a duet piece that they have worked on with her. Amazing huh??

I guess while I'm still on the musical path of my life I will say that I made first chair in my 8Th grade band and we will be going to six flags April 25 to do "Music in the Parks" competition. After we play out concert at 8 a.m. We will be riding over to six flags and play in the park for quite a few hours. I am so excited!!! And our 8Th grade band is one of the best: says our band directors anyway. Maybe they're biased. : ) Oh, then later on in the year towards the end the 8Th grade band and the high school bands will be putting on a huge performance in Castleman Hall (a huge auditorium that is in downtown Rolla to put on shows and other cool stuff). I'm excited for that too except that there will be a lot more people to mess up in front of so its a bit more nerve-racking.

Let's see, to get off of the musical path let us go onto the school path. : ) I have straight A's in all of my classes so far and I am going to take summer school to get rid of gym and health so I can do another class next year for fun. Whenever we do parent/teacher conferences and my parents see my grade card, they (especially Mom) don't really want to talk to my teachers because they know I'm good and everything. It's quite funny actually to see them complain like that. I never really see them complain. Makes me think of little kids. (Love you Mom and Dad ^_^)

Well my health is..... My health is.. Well as normal. I'm sick right now with the flu but its the beginning of Spring Break so I'll hopefully get over it soon. You guys know me... Its just sick all year round for me. : ) I now have glasses to wear all the time... I have tendinitis in my wrists from playing the flute and the piano. Also from texting and computer typing too. I can't really do it as much as I want to now. *tear* This is actually the first long time I've been on the computer since last Friday when I found out. Anyway, other than that my health is good. Good news though!!! I'm not sure if anyone knew but I used to have to get tubs in my ears every 4-6 months. October 31, 2005 though, we found out that I was allergic to 7 different foods: corn, beef, pork, egg, peanut, soybeans, and wheat. So since we found that out. I didn't have to get tubs in for at least 3 1/2 years!!!!! It was my new record!! Then, unfortunately, Dad went out of town for a month and Mom made foods that I wasn't supposed to eat but I ate them anyway. Bad choice, I had to get tubs again 3 weeks ago. So now I'm going to try to make a new record (again) and try to go for at least 5 years. If I can help it, never again get tubs replaced.

Alrighty, let's see, to wrap it up, my parents went out of town this weekend to go get a dog in Georgia. I know, they're crazy to want to get up early and get there 10 hours later JUST to get a dog then sleep overnight, then drive back with the dog. Weird, I know.  But anyway, so I am in charge of Morgan and Rylan this weekend and surprisingly they have been pretty good. I mean, a little fussing here and there but you know, that's little kids+a teenager=fighting at least every once in a while. Alright. I think I've got it all for what's been going on lately and I will talk to you guys later!!

Love to all!!

P.S. The picture up top is the closest picture I could find to what I look like now. With my new hair and glasses. ^_^

3 comments:

Jan said...

You look beautiful!! I love your glasses! Wow! Sounds like life is very full and fun for you. Hope you get over the flu ASAP. What a great babysitting job - in your home,etc.!
Great Student!!
Love Ya!
Nana

trent said...

i can very for sure the pickens in you. Great look Tori.
love ya
trent

trent said...

It was supposed to say; i can for sure see the pickens in you. So much for typing and thinking and the same time. LOL!!!!!